Other than serving at Masses, the Altar Servers have monthly meetings, organize trainings and involve in all church activities to enrich the liturgical knowledge of its members and to build bonding and unity among fellow Servers.
This Ministry is a ministry of the Lord under the anointing of God. Its mission is to provide a worship atmosphere that is free from as many distractions as possible through fulfilling the role of greeting and seating, security, and parking assistance, while still maintaining the freedom, order, reverence, and respect for the Holy Spirit.
The vision of the usher is to bring the glory of God to the people in order for them to receive from the Lord the things he desires to per form in them. Basic Qualities of an usher:
Love / Joy / Peace / Patience / Kindness / Goodness / Faithfulness / Gentleness & Self-control
Ushers Job Descriptions:
1. Title of position : Servant of the servants
2. Job Function : Usher
3. Area of Involvement : Greeting / Seating / Security / Parking
4. Job description : Ushering under the anointing of God.
5. Attitude of service : For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.
6. Vision : Is to bring the glory of God to the people in order for them to receive from the Lord the things he desires to perform in them.
7. Mission : To usher you into the presence of God, by providing an atmosphere that is free of as many distractions as possible, yet maintain freedom, order, reverence and respect for the Holy Spirit
Who exactly are the USHERSÂ: The ushers are the people of God into the Presence of God and they assist in ushering in the Presence of God Himself! The Ushers Guard are called to insure the orderly conduct of the people of God in the House of God. They are spiritual gatekeepers, and as ministering servants in the House of the Lord; they are a branch of the deaconate.
CCC 1422 "Those who approach the sacrament of Penance obtain pardon from God's mercy for the offense committed against him, and are, at the same time, reconciled with the Church which they have wounded by their sins”..